Lesson 2 Test

Buried in Dirt - How Fibers Reach Your Home

  Student Name



    1. Utility wires can be installed as:   a. aerial  
          b. buried  
          c. either of the above  
          d. neither of the above  
    2. The telephone/cable building nearest your home or school is called a :   a. long distance office  
          b. traffic discriminator  
          c. local exchange central office  
          d. pad-mount roadside cabinet  
    3. To withstand bad weather, Central Offices are typically brick buildings with:   a. two (2) windows only  
          b. no windows at all  
          c. windows on the bottom floor only  
          d. lots of windows  
    4. The right for pubic use of land is called:   a. streets  
          b. highway  
          c. right of way  
          d. alleyway  
    5. To install items into the public right of way, you need:   a. detailed construction drawings  
          b. identify location of other wires and cables in right of way  
          c. a permit for construction from the local city or county  
          d. all of the above  
    6. Public right if way is usually desrcribed as the distance from:   a. nearest flower garden  
          b. middle of sidewalk  
          c. edge of roadway  
          d. centerline of street or roadway  
    7. What items may be constructed in the right of way or easement:   a. swimming pool only  
          b. concrete wall with painted surface  
          c. room addition on main house  
          d. none of the above  
    8. The person responsible for right of way compliance is:   a. field engineer  
          b. police captain  
          c. park ranger  
          d. right of way engineer  
    9. Directional Boring is a method for:   a. making someone fall asleep  
          b. open trench construction  
          c. installing wires on poles  
          d. trenchless construction  
    10. In urban systems, power cables share conduits with telephone & cable TV:   a. when no other conduits are available  
          b. only on odd-numbered streets  
          c. never  
          d. if approved by the city/county  
©2012   ©2019   dB Levels, Inc.  All Rights Reserved